WORK FOR US
Music and singing lie at the heart of our programmes. Our approach focusses on teacher training and development, workforce development, learning resources and providing strategic support and consultancy for partners in the music education sector. If your values align with ours and you’re passionate about musical education for children, please see below to find out more about our current vacancies.
We are currently recruiting Experienced Choral Leaders (freelance):
The Voices Foundation is an award-winning national music education charity which exists to help children and young people to develop musically and socially. We use the power and discipline of singing-based musical learning to support children to gain musical, academic, social and wider educational advantages. We believe that every child has the right to high quality music education and that musical learning supports young people’s overall development. We deliver programmes directly with children and young people and offer extensive teacher development (CPD) programmes for teachers in primary and secondary settings.
This is an exciting time for the charity, not least with the celebration of our 25th birthday this year, but also the growth and development of our in-school choral programmes. This work is at the heart of our strategic vision to deepen impact and widen reach. Due to increasing demand we are currently looking for highly experienced and inspirational choral leaders to join our freelance pool. We are passionate about social change and harnessing the power of singing to narrow gaps of inequality and improve the life prospects of children and young people. We are particularly keen to hear from choral leaders who share this ethos and can also specifically demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas:
- You have led choral/singing projects in a wide variety of schools (with pupils and staff from a wide range of communities, backgrounds and social demographics) which have given rise to significant positive impact (musical, social, wider educational) over a number of years
- You have held formal positions(s) for at least 5 years leading major children’s or youth choruses nationally or internationally
- You have delivered training to school teachers in choral leadership, building long-term relationships with individuals or groups of teachers
You must meet at least one of the above three criteria in order for your application to be considered.
To apply, please email the following by midday on Friday 9th March 2018 to Jamie Matthew, Learning Officer at email@example.com:
• A completed Application Form, which you can download by clicking here
• A completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form, which you can download by clicking here
• If you wish to send a CV or biography in addition, please do so
The Voices Foundation is an equal opportunities employer, and does not discriminate based on a person’s age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to join our teams and value the positive impact that difference has on our work. All appointments will be made on merit.