- DPA means the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Voices Foundation means Voices Foundation, company number 2814203 with its registered office at The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
- personal information means any information which is about you;
- we, us or our (or other similar words) means Voices Foundation;
- you means a person whose personal information we collect, use and process;
- website means www.voices.org.uk and any websites created for specific Voices Foundation activities
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the DPA and other laws that set out how we can use your personal information.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We control the information that is collected by us about you and the purposes for which we use that information. This means that we are the data controller (for the purposes of the DPA) in respect of your personal information and are responsible for complying with the DPA in the way that we use and disclose your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We do not require you to give us any personal information in order to use our website. We do collect anonymous aggregate statistics about the use of our website, including types of browsers used, rates of visits to different web pages, errors experienced and related site information, in order to develop and improve our site. However, none of this information can be used to identify individual users, and your anonymity is preserved throughout.
The personal information we collect and hold about you includes:
- information you provide, including through our website, to fulfil requests for purchases or bookings, brochures or other information, or registration to join our mailing list. This may include name, title, full postal address, email address or phone number, depending on the nature of your request;
- information you provide by posting material or comments on our website and forums;
- details about your marketing and communication preferences;
- in relation to purchases or bookings, payment/ financial information, including transaction details and information about the fulfilment of your orders;
- information contained in and records of communications between us;
- information you volunteer in order to help us improve and develop our services.
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s permission whenever you provide personal information to Voices Foundation. Users without this consent should not provide us with personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of:
- delivering to you any of our resources that you have requested;
- fulfilling our contractual obligations to you in relation to sales;
- processing any request for advice or information;
- notifying you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you;
- improving and developing our services;
- training our staff to continuously improve our services; and
- analysing and evaluating our sales performance.
If you tell us we can, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about Voices Foundation events and activities that may be of interest to you. We may also use your personal information to identify additional or other related services or products that are likely to be of particular interest to you. We will never pass on your details to other arts education organisations or partners for marketing purposes unless you have told us that we can. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the services we provide and the use of your personal information above. This includes:
- third party organisations that provide services to us or on our behalf (including fulfilling your orders, processing payment details and the provision of support services, including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities);
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime;
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties; and other arts education organisations/partners if you have told us that we can.
If we sell or buy any organisation or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating what changes you wish to make.
If you have previously registered to be on our mailing lists but no longer wish to receive our mailings, you may unsubscribe by:
- using the unsubscribe link on our email newsletters;
- replying to any email message with the message “unsubscribe”;
- by emailing us (email@example.com);
- phoning us (02075201430); or
- writing to us at: Administrator, The Voices Foundation, The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
Access to your personal information
- The DPA also gives you the right to access your personal information, subject to certain exemptions. Your right of access can be exercised by writing to us at the address below. Any access request may be subject to a fee we are entitled to charge under the DPA (currently not exceeding £10) to meet our costs in providing you with personal information we hold about you. Please send such requests to Administrator, The Voices Foundation, The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
We shall ensure that we comply with the provisions of the DPA, including but not limited to holding all personal information securely.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our website and is common across the internet. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission of the data to us which is outside our control; any data you send is at your own risk.
We may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Cookies may be set and used to improve your user experience, such as retaining your personal settings.
II. Legal Statement
- The use of Voices Foundation’s website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Any use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. You should carefully read the following terms and conditions.
- 1. All text, graphics, and audio-visual content and the arrangement thereof on this website is copyrighted by Voices Foundation and may not be reproduced for commercial use without the prior written permission of Voices Foundation. You may copy or print content from the site for your personal use only. ‘Personal use’ does not extend to any form of public reproduction on an external website, including personal blogs, homepages or other webpages, without written permission from Voices Foundation.
2. The house designs and layouts are the property of Voices Foundation. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs on the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Voices Foundation. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trademarks of their respective owners. They are exhibited only in such a manner as is agreed to be of benefit to such trademark owners, and Voices Foundation intends no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or links to other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Voices Foundation. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Voices Foundation.
3. Information on this site, including performance details, may change without notice. Voices Foundation accepts no liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it. Voices Foundation makes no guarantees or representations to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. Voices Foundation assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Musical clips, in the form of MP3 files, are offered on this website purely for educational purposes. Users may listen to these clips but may not save copies on their personal computers. Any further distribution, for sale or otherwise, is expressly prohibited.
5. Your use of www.voices.org.uk is at your own risk. Voices Foundation does not guarantee that the site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. Neither Voices Foundation nor any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering www.voices.org.uk is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of www.voices.org.uk. Users are not permitted to distribute, sell or transmit the software, and are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the software. No responsibility can be accepted for viewers unable to access the site or parts of it due to technical fault, internet connection problems or other unforeseen circumstances. Voices Foundation assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of www.voices.org.uk or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site. Voices Foundation shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of the website and howsoever caused even if Voices Foundation shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Voices Foundation excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Voices Foundation disclaims all liability for negligence.
7. Voices Foundation reserves the right to monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmission and bulletin boards on www.voices.org.uk. Voices Foundation assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, danger or inaccuracy in any information contained in such locations on www.voices.org.uk. By using this site, you agree to use it only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of any third party. You are prohibited from posting scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Voices Foundation will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Voices Foundation to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
8. Voices Foundation has not reviewed all the sites linked to www.voices.org.uk and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to www.voices.org.uk. Any purchase of goods and services made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties terms and conditions. Links to external websites are in no way intended to signify that Voices Foundation endorses or approves the content of the linked websites. Voices Foundation shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Voices Foundation webpages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force.
9. Voices Foundation operates this website from London and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website. Your continued use of www.voices.org.uk indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
11. Voices Foundation reserves the right to change this Legal Statement at any time. Any users of the site will be bound by such revisions.