Voices Foundation is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture. We work with schools nationwide at any stage in their Artsmark journey, as well as those who currently have their Artsmark Award.
We are an award-winning national music education charity that uses the power of singing to improve the lives of children and young people in the UK. Our work aims to transform whole schools, teachers and children and is focussed on sustainable and integrated music for all.
Voices Foundation provides a flexible offer for schools, aiming to address overarching school priorities and challenges through our ongoing year-long music programmes. We use a model of teacher development from EYFS through to Key Stage 2 which supports schools to embed daily singing into school life – both through the curriculum and through extra-curricular choral enrichment.
Our award winning Singing School programme incorporates all seven Quality Principles set out by Arts Council England, and embeds all eight Artsmark Award criteria.
- Continuing Professional Development - our process of intensive teacher development gives teachers the confidence and skills to lead classroom music through singing
- Children and young people engagement - pupil voice is crucial; pupils will gain a strong understanding of music through singing, and engage fully with this art-form
- Leadership - senior leadership understanding and engagement is vital for the success of the programme
- Partnerships - our monitoring and evaluation process will measure the impact of our partnership throughout the school’s journey. The programme aims to bring positive outcomes to all children and staff, including increased wellbeing, confidence and engagement with the arts
- Curriculum design - our method is designed to embed a music curriculum into the school, in line with the new Ofsted framework
- Values and ethos – the programme supports schools to engage with parents and the local community through musical experiences and opportunities
- Equality and Diversity - every child is fully involved, regardless of background
- Range of Offer – we provide performance opportunities and can connect schools to other cultural organisations
Each programme is tailored to the needs of the school, and the cost will reflect this.
To find out how Voices Foundation can support your Artsmark journey, contact Hannah Keville, Head of Engagement: email@example.com
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk.