- GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25th May 2018)
- Voices Foundation means Voices Foundation, company number 2814203 with its registered office at The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
- personal information means any information which is about you;
- we, us or our (or other similar words) means Voices Foundation;
- you means a person whose personal information we collect, use and process;
- website means www.voices.org.uk and any websites created for specific Voices Foundation activities
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the GDPR and other laws that set out how we can use your personal information.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
We control the information that is collected by us about you and the purposes for which we use that information. This means that we are the data controller (for the purposes of the GDPR) in respect of your personal information and are responsible for complying with the GDPR in the way that we use and disclose your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We do not require you to give us any personal information in order to use our website. We do collect anonymous aggregate statistics about the use of our website, including types of browsers used, rates of visits to different web pages, errors experienced and related site information, in order to develop and improve our site. However, none of this information can be used to identify individual users, and your anonymity is preserved throughout.
The personal information we collect and hold about you includes:
- information you provide, including through our website, to fulfil requests for purchases or bookings, brochures or other information, or registration to join our mailing list. This may include name, title, full postal address, email address or phone number, depending on the nature of your request;
- information you provide by posting material or comments on our website and forums;
- details about your marketing and communication preferences;
- in relation to purchases or bookings, payment/ financial information, including transaction details and information about the fulfilment of your orders;
- information contained in and records of communications between us;
- information you volunteer in order to help us improve and develop our services.
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s permission whenever you provide personal information to Voices Foundation. Users without this consent should not provide us with personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of:
- delivering to you any of our resources that you have requested;
- fulfilling our contractual obligations to you in relation to sales;
- processing any request for advice or information;
- notifying you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you;
- improving and developing our services;
- training our staff to continuously improve our services; and
- analysing and evaluating our sales performance.
If you tell us we can, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about Voices Foundation events and activities that may be of interest to you. We may also use your personal information to identify additional or other related services or products that are likely to be of particular interest to you. We will never pass on your details to other arts education organisations or partners for marketing purposes unless you have told us that we can. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information.
How we manage and protect your data
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use robust and appropriate technologies and policies including encryption to ensure information we have about you is protected. We don't sell, rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We may share information about you with other organisations who help us deliver services to you and who we use in the course of our business (for example we use Mail Chimp to manage our mailing lists). We will make sure that anyone we share data with is under the same conditions as we are bound to by this privacy notice.
We may transfer to and store your information in services outside of the EEA. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA and these transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. We may transfer your data to the USA to companies such as Mail Chimp who are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield initiative.
How long will we keep your personal information?
The Voices Foundation has specific criteria to determine how long we retain your information for, which are determined by legal and operational considerations. For instance, we are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of gift aid or to support certain financial transactions, as well as to keep a record of your interactions with us.
We will keep your information only for as long as it is reasonably necessary to carry out our activities and fulfil our legal obligations. The period we hold this data will vary according to the purpose, but will not usually be for more than six years.
If you would like to know how long we will hold any specific information, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at our address: The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG and we will provide you with further details.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you, and you can ask us to correct or remove information you think is incorrect. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your information or would like to correct or delete it, please contact us on email@example.com, by phone on 0207 5201430 or by post to the Administrator, The Voices Foundation, Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
If you think we are misusing your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information including contact details is available at https://ico.org.uk
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the services we provide and the use of your personal information above. This includes:
- third party organisations that provide services to us or on our behalf (including fulfilling your orders, processing payment details and the provision of support services, including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities);
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime;
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties; and other arts education organisations/partners if you have told us that we can.
If we sell or buy any organisation or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating what changes you wish to make.
If you have previously registered to be on our mailing lists but no longer wish to receive our mailings, you may unsubscribe by:
- using the unsubscribe link on our email newsletters;
- replying to any email message with the message “unsubscribe”;
- by emailing us (email@example.com);
- phoning us (02075201430); or
- writing to us at: Administrator, The Voices Foundation, The Music Base, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG
We shall ensure that we comply with the provisions of the GDPR, including but not limited to holding all personal information securely.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our website and is common across the internet. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission of the data to us which is outside our control; any data you send is at your own risk.
We may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Cookies may be set and used to improve your user experience, such as retaining your personal settings.
Personal Data Breaches
A breach is considered any loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data. We are committed to disclosing any personal data breaches that might adversely affect your rights and freedoms without undue delay so that you can take appropriate action. Any notifiable breaches will also be reported to the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours.